Friday, November 02, 2007

jaded

"I'm going to be very busy tomorrow Tita,I've got a three way conference,a birthday party,and after that theres the open house after that,"Ika commented.

"Wow,sayang,you're a very busy lady,"said Tita

"Yeah,sigh,I know.And I'm going no where,"she retorted throwing her hands up in the air.


Believe it or not Ika is my 7 year old cousin and she was talking to our Aunt.
A three way conference is what Sri KDU calls Open Day basically.
The teacher,the student and the parent(s)
Seven years,but she's as witty and as sharp as an INTELLEGENT adult.
The wonders of modern media.

Today I made a last minute decision to go to school.
Was supposed to go for fittings today but the tailor wasn't in so I'm going on Monday with Kak Sofie because so happens she's returning from down under.
I grabbed my cellphone dialled a familiar number I know by heart and scream into the receiver.
"MAMALLLLLL!!MAMAL,PLEASE SAY YOUR COMIN' TO SCHOOL.ANYWAY IF YOU'RE NOT JUST COME AND TEMAN MEEEEEEEE!!"
The familiar voice sounded confused but replied with a "I can't la and also Ariff and Fawjew are comin' over later,"

Oh God.
One whole day without Kamal,less than a year and I'm so dependant on you.hehe
He told me to go today and come to school on Monday but due to unforseen circumstances,it's not like I could right?
BUT...
I'm really glad I did.
As I entered the green gates,four very happy faces greeted me and stood up to give me warm bear hugs.
"Hi Daen!!!I've missed you"
"Oh my God,DAENNNNNNNNAAAA MISCHHH YOUUUUUU"

After some idle chat and the Ry appeared forcing candy down our throats,or actually maybe ME forcing cookies down THEIR throats and ME forcing candy down MY throats.hah!
After a light assembly,the prefects were told to stay in the hall.
Those who chose to stay and those who chose to quit were told to write their names down in their respective papers.
Soon after,me,Sophia,Wen Li,Wei Chee,Elena Ong&Wong,Chris,Wai Kee,Sher Lin and Jac sat down in the prefects lounge and talked about proper candidates etc.
But then we got carried away to family,the supernatural etc etc.
Before we knew it recess was over and God we weren't even on the way to class.
So we decided oh screw just skip the whole damn day after playing Mission Impossible Toilet with Wei Chee we were shocked for life with unwanted "news" and finally we decided to do something charitable and celan the prefects lounge.
I was so in the mood I dragged LenaOng(who also brought PizzaandKFC for me and LenaOng)to the bookshop to buy coloured paper and stuff.
No coloured paper.
So I splurged on art blocks,poster paint and paint brushes.

We drew and painted murals,wrote our top ten prefects principals,wrote messages on the white board and wrote a huge heart warming message to the juniours.
When everything was done we sighed in satisfaction.
This felt so good.
We smiled at each other and gave each other approving nods and pats on the back with hugs.
We may not have been really close but today I felt like we had like a "bond"
Looking back I'll never regret today.
Doing something bad never felt so good.




Stranger,
take my hand,
touch my heart,
I don't know why but
I need you right now,

Stranger take my hand,
hold it tight,
and never let go.

No comments: