Thursday, December 31, 2009

Dear 2010,

I am currently in my hotel room in Penang,typing on my brother's newer but smaller version of my DELL laptop and struggling with the Caps Lock key since I'm not used to using it. That is because I use the shift key since mine came off (I'm a rough laptop user,SORRY)

I don't think I'll be able to update tomorrow so this will probably be my last of 2009.
I want to tell you about my journey this year.
Most people would agree that Form4/16 would be the turning point in life and I think I can agree to that.

You see I had previously made my mind up to become an ArtsStream student as I hold not much interest to science subjects.
I raised my hand when the teacher asked if any of us wanted to change streams.
I felt that it would be the right choice since,sitting in a classroom of nearly 40 brainiacs,almost all which had gotten straight A's in their PMR exam. I just felt,No this is not me.

And that night,a close guy friend of mine said the wisest words I had heard in ages.

"Stay Daena. Stay in PureScience because you have the potential to study. Being the bottom few in that class is better that not studying at all,"

I thought about it.
Reluctantly I agreed.
Many times (well only when exams were looming around the corner) I felt like a ass for staying in such a class.

Being the assistant monitor,I had to give out the slips for the PMR Prize Giving Ceremony to the entire class.
My eyes filled with tears.
Out of the entire class,less than 10 of us had gotten less than 7A's.
I felt like a failure as I handed out piece by piece,cheerfully calling out my classmates names and clapping in unison to the other students.

BUT,
being in this crazy class made me want to not appear as dumb as I appeared to be.
SO
I studied.

And,I got results.
Not even a quarter of most of my classmates but an amazement for me.

Meeting my class was such...
an amazing thing.
I know a boy who always comments that 4 Angsana is "THE BEST CLASS EVER"
I'm not sure if he's being courteous or he just REALLY hates his class.
But when anyone says that I feel pride and beam simply
"Yes I do"

2009 made me realize that I have 4 special girls in my life.
Who have watched me grow from Form One.
I have fought,cried,slapped,hugged,kissed each one of them.
A simple lunch at BonBons changed my perspective forever.

I have an enormous family.
And have been blessed with wedding after wedding.
Yes I complain of the run throughs,the fittings,the preperations...
But the beauty of it falling into place,makes up for all the hardships.
I have also just recently,been blessed with a baby nephew,and am getting used to being called AUNTY *shivers*

I have rekindled old friendships (HI ASYRAF! etc.) and made new ones (HI HUSI! etc.)
I have made a boy I never thought I would be able to,cry.
I have shishaed.
I got a puppy which is the love of my life.
I have gotten a ride back from a person I began to trust.
I wrote an email to my HighSchool IDOL *SOPH
I highlighted my hair!

I grew to love a certain Abangy whom will never show his love but I know very well does.
I have hurt and have been hurt.

LEO Leadership Camp.
Was an amazing experience.
I will never regret joining LEO.

2010,
2009 gave me the courage to take different steps in life.
It gave me the strength to endure and even to understand and appreciate friendships deeper.
I am not afraid to love the people I truly love but I know that I don't love everyone.

Eventhough I fight and disagree with her,
I love my cousins with my life.
I plan to make up with one I am having a rift with.
And I love my cousin,Kak Trina who has held my hand through life itself.

2010,
God has help me realize that money truly isn't everything.
You see I have wanted a SweetSixteen for a long time and imagined a lavish celebration with acrobats and a marquee and an ice sculpture of myself (or something along the liens of that)
When recession struck the world leaving my poor father to struggle whilst I threw an amazing bitch fit to show my anger.
But I then realized that maybe,I didn't need that.
Maybe I would live.
AND true enough I did.

This year I debated fro the first time and standing there shaking the wits out of myself,I somehow got BestSpeaker in the final round.
I auditioned for Dynamitez and made it through the auditions.
I wrote my first interschool drama script (which reminds me...)
I wrote another script for my schools BM WEEK
I performed once again,making it more than the 5th time I have performed in my school.

I somehow have also managed to survive 4 years of grueling teachers and homework.

I still remember the first day of school
BUT
I can't wait to step into my pinafore again.

2010,
I don't know what you have in store for me next year
Driving,SPM,Prom and all.
I hope I pass driving and don't hit any trees (like I almost did)
I hope to get straight A's for SPM
I don't have to get a prom date,but I want to have fun and be with the people I LOVE.

But please,
Let me soar.

Carpe Diem.






















Thank you 2009,you have been.
Breathless





No comments: